YI Virtual Seminar:
How is it possible to invite young immunologists from all over Germany and Europe at short notice and give many of them the opportunity to present their work?
On October 8, from 1pm to 6pm, we as young immunologists will host a virtual seminar.
Make use of this unique opportunity and register here.
- Regular local round-table meetings: For example, in Hamburg and Freiburg these meetings were organised in person and we encourage you to implement this in your city as well - maybe also in an online format! Find out who works in your area and get involved with YI members across Germany and Europe through our „YI Community“ in Slack!
- We are especially keen on engaging in public outreach work, please approach us if you would have time or ideas for implementing this! Please contact the yEFIS Communication Working Group.
- Any other ideas? Approach us with new input. You can reach us via email@example.com.
YI contributions for the Annual DGFI meetings
- Young Immunologists Symposium: YI members can present their work on the big stage to gain valuable presentation experience and chances to win attractive prizes!
- YI Social Evening to foster networking and exchange
- To support researchers with young children we organize on-site childcare.
- YI lunch session which includes the YI General Assembly followed by an open discussion round
- YI booth at the industry exhibition
The EFIS Young Immunologist Task Force (yEFIS) aims to gather all early career scientists in Europe working in Immunology. Within the different European Immunology Societies, self-organised Young Immunologist (YI) groups have arisen in the last years. However, there has been limited contact between them. The aim of yEFIS Task Force is to bring all these YI groups together and build a European network to defend our interests on both a national and European level. EFIS provided us the ideal platform to start up this network and this is how in 2020 yEFIS Task Force and yEFIS Network were born.
On July 30, yEFIS had their kick-off meeting. 70 interested young immunologists from the whole of Europe tuned in. With Santiago Costas (our official representative of the DGfI YI at yEFIS), Ellen McAllister and Anne Hahn, three of our DGfI YI board members have been deeply involved in the set-up.
yEFIS already has 270 members from 20 different European countries! You can see how widely yEFIS covers Europe already. Check out the EFIS website for further information incl. registration.