Basic immunological research has a high potential for the development of innovative immunotherapeutic approaches. The successful translation of new findings from immunology is still a great challenge and requires a high degree of interdisciplinarity. Therefore, the German Society of Immunology in cooperation with the Novartis Foundation for Therapeutic Research awards every two years the
Novartis Prize for immunological research relevant to therapy
This €10,000 prize is intended to reward work that builds a bridge between immunological and clinical research. The prize money can only be used for research purposes. The prize was awarded for the first time in 2021. Own applications and nominations are possible.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2023
Please apply/nominate with the following documents:
1. cover letter of the candidate with curriculum vitae
2. list of the 10 most important publications
3. brief description of the award-worthy performance and PDF/s of the relevant publication(s)
4. All documents must be submitted in English.
5. Applicants must be members of DGfI at the time of application.
Send all documents combined into one single PDF (max. 10MB) to:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Immunologie e.V.
10117 Berlin, Germany
Prof. Dr. med. Gunther Hartmann, Bonn
Previous prize winners:
The prize was awarded for the first time in 2021.
Susana Minguet, Freiburg